- What facilities will be provided to meet the needs of the community?
- What literacy resources will be provided by the grant?
- How will literacy awareness be promoted?
- How will technology for literacy programs be increased?
- How will countywide literacy programs be provided?
Answers:1. What facilities will be provided to meet the needs of the community?
A.) An alternative school will be built.
B.) A site for preschool classes, adult education classes, and a distance learning lab will be provided.
C.) A library site with space for a preschool will be located in the southern part of the county.
2. What literacy resources will be provided by the grant?
A.) Additional teachers will be hired for the alternative school and preschool.
B.) Literacy training for teachers, child care providers, and literacy programs will be offered.
C.) Money for additional grants will increase services, such as: Even Start (a family literacy program), KidzLit (children's reading program for the YMCA after school care)
3. How will literacy awareness be promoted?
A.) Statewide literacy meetings will be held in Clay County.
B.) Grants for higher education literacy projects will be awarded.
C.) A home page and on-line directory will provide links to educational resources.
4. How will technology for literacy programs be increased?
A.) Access to higher education programs will be offered to all county residents through distance learning labs.
B.) Early learners will be screened and this data will be added to the school corporation's student information system.
5. How will countywide literacy programs be provided?
A.) Prevention and intervention coordinators will be hired.
B.) Developmental and pre-reading screenings will be offered for preschool children.
C.) Monthly meetings will be held with direct literacy providers.