Discovering Successful Education for Children and Parents
- Early Childhood Program
- Preschool for children ages 3 through 5 years old
- Children 6 & 7 years old who are in kindergarten may be in the program
- GED/Adult Education (LINK to area below)
- Parent Education (LINK to area below)
- Parent and Child Together (PACT) Time (LINK to area below)
- Certified Teaching Staff
- School Year is the same as Clay Community Schools (Click here for school calendar)
The Even Start Program….
- is free and funded through grants
- features programs with qualified staff to prepare child(ren) for school and ideas to assist parents with helping their child(ren) at home
- provides early childhood education for the children while parents are taking classes
- is now accepting enrollment
The Even Start Program is for Children who…
- are age 6 weeks through 7 years old
To apply for the Even Start Program… Contact:
Even Start Family Learning Program
Monica Wallace, Coordinator
501 East Jackson
Brazil , IN 47834
Parents attend classes to prepare for their GED or high school diploma, or to improve their math, reading, and writing skills. Job skills, life skills training, and English as a Second Language (ESL) are also provided.
Families attend classes 4 days a week. Monthly home visits allow staff to help families set goals and answer questions.
Even Start provides services for children ages 6 weeks to 7 years of age. Children attend Even Start Early Childhood classes while their parents are on site for adult education.
Even Start knows that the parent is the child's first and best teacher. Even Start works with parents on the daily concerns and enjoyment of raising children. Parents discuss topics such as: non-violent discipline, nutrition, communication skills, and developmental stages.
PACT (Parent & Children Together) time allows parents and children to join together for fun, excited family activities daily.